Jurby was originally a WW2 airfield and still retained to day as an emergency landing strip. The various Jurby tracks are a combination of surfaces employing the old runway in places, perimeter roadway and new tarmac, thereby providing variable grip. The new section in front of the hangers, is 7m wide and its addition now provides three permutations offering sections from high speed swervery to technical.
It is the only short circuit in the Isle of Man and situated in the North of the Island, most simply accessed by travelling half way round the TT course to Sulby Hotel and turning left. Jurby is just a couple of miles up the road, entered from the Coast Road gate.
Weather is frequently a determining factor on Jurby’s wide open spaces as winds can force a change of gearing, though with its own microclimate, the weather can often be reasonable here while the rest of the Island gets a soaking.
The ARA run their own race school as an integral part of their meetings, plus pre-licence application courses.
- Race Secretary – Sarah Blake 07624 321435 AraRaceSec@manx.net
- Membership Secretary – Phil Kneen 01624 852700 / Mobile: 07624 493952 email@example.com
- Race School Chief Coach – Gary Radcliffe 01624 862679 – after 6pm, Mobile: 07624 498104 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fuel: none on circuit.
- Nearest Superplus, Ramsey 5.5 miles. Std, Kirk Michael 5 miles.
- Public admission – £4.00pp
Sulby Glen Hotel. 01624 897240
Ginger Hall, Sulby – 01624 897231
Raven Hotel, Ballaugh – 01624 897272